This program was designed in support of the following University Life strategic action: to develop and lead a centrally coordinated and seamless approach to preparing Mason students for post graduate success.
A 2-year pilot program was implemented and involved a number of areas in the division that include:
- Student Involvement
- Mason Recreation (Customer Service Associates)
- Housing and Residence Life (Desk Assistants)
- Orientation and Family Programs and Services
- University Career Services
- Student Media
- Student Centers
- University Life Central
Facts about the University Life Student Employee Rubric
- This project was co-lead by Raechel Timbers from Career Services and Elysia Lash from Assessment;
- Conducted benchmarking and reviewed CAS/NACE standards;
- Invited University Life supervisors to define rubric categories and scale based on their experience with students;
- Piloted rubric in 2015-2016 and updated rubric categories/scales based on pilot group feedback in 2016-2017.
Implementation of the program with all offices in the division Fall 2017. The rubric will be administered to most student wage employees throughout the division, excluding some categories such as Resident Assistants and Patriot Leaders.
Student Employee Rubric Process
Review the University Life Student Employee Rubric Guide